Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5c crashed overnight, not being charged or used

Woke up this AM to 5c, sitting on coffee table, not being charged, not used for hours, nearly full battery load when I went to bed last night. Phone would not turn on...totally black screen. I went on-line looking for support & tried pressing on/off button & home button for 10 seconds & it worked to get it up. However, battery was dead & it would not take a charge. Magically, I fiddled around with it & it did start charging. So...problem solved for now but why did it crash? Is this an on-going thing?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 12:57 PM

3 replies

Sep 3, 2015 4:45 PM in response to fmbennett43

fmbennett43 wrote:

So...problem solved for now but why did it crash? Is this an on-going thing?

iPhones, nice though they are, aren't perfect. Sometimes they crash. Without a whole lot more information, there's really no way to know why. However, if the battery drained completely, it can take a couple of minutes to get enough charge on it to turn back on. Be sure to put the phone on to charge before you go to bed at night.

You'll only know if it's an ongoing thing if keeps happening.

Sep 3, 2015 5:36 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg,

Thanks for your response. I usually do charge my battery overnight but I had not used my phone much yesterday & the battery was nearly fully loaded (as stated in my original post) so I didn't charge it. That's what puzzled me...how the battery drained overnight with no use. That's never happened before. I realize there are apps running in the background that take some juice but this was a complete & total drain that does not compute. Oh well, I'll keep an eye on it to see if this happens again. Thanks again for your input. .

Sep 4, 2015 6:24 AM in response to fmbennett43

fmbennett43 wrote:

Meg,

Thanks for your response. I usually do charge my battery overnight but I had not used my phone much yesterday & the battery was nearly fully loaded (as stated in my original post) so I didn't charge it.

Unless you're turing the phone off at night, it will lose charge unless you plug it in. There's just no reason not to charge it overnight if you have access to power.

Glitches happen. Unless it becomes a pattern, it will probably be impossible to figure out why.

5c crashed overnight, not being charged or used

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.