Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

getting message could not be moved to the mailbox trash-icloud .connection timed out

While in email receiving Message- Message could not be moved to the mailbox trash-iCloud. Connection to server timed out. What does that mean

Powerbook

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 12:26 PM

8 replies

Sep 8, 2015 12:27 PM in response to garyschatz

I have it too. I think it happens when you have many emails in an imap account, it does not happen in a pop account. It can be that the server is a bit loaded.

I wait for an hour or so after reception of he email and the delete: most of the times it does delete, but not always. I have not set to delete automatically in the preferences/accounts mailbox behaviour, I have set it to never. I do not think it is the Mail app only.

Lex

Oct 16, 2015 3:32 AM in response to garyschatz

Any updates yet? I just started getting this error after upgrading to El Capitan.

I have also noticed that sometimes after deleting an email from the list view, that the deleted email will be removed as expected, them momentarily get added back to the list, then get removed again. The behaviour is most annoying when I am pruning my email and deleting many emails one at a time. Emails are getting removed from the list and then will pop back in for second then go away again.

I mention the second symptom because it is also related to deleting/moving emails to "Trash - iCloud".

getting message could not be moved to the mailbox trash-icloud .connection timed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.