Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How would an apple ID be logged into a phone but not exist according to the apple site?

My ex step daughter finally returned her iPhone 5 to me like she should have done a year ago-but she left the iCloud locked. The trouble is, when I go to "Manage My ID " online here to attempt to change the password it is saying that the ID itself does not exist. How is this even possible? Even when I go directly to the iCloud website, it brings me directly back here when I hit the reset password button. Is this phone a lost cause? I am really not that tech savvy. I would really just like to reset the phone back to factory settings and see if I can sell it to recoup some of my losses, and I don't think that I can do that with a phone who's iCloud is locked.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 12:55 PM

There are no replies.

How would an apple ID be logged into a phone but not exist according to the apple site?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.