Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows On MacBook Pro Retina (Mid-2014)

Hey,

I recently installed Windows 8.1 onto my macbook pro retina (mid 2014) through bootcamp with a bootable usb.

I since uninstalled it, I search how to do it, and lots of people said to do it through bootcamp, and remove the partition in disk utility (I'm not sure it was a while ago) So that's what I did. All I have in Disk Utility is "Macintosh HD"

Every time I turn on or restart my macbook it boots up into windows and says it needs a system recovery disk, but then I just turn it off again and hold the option key and boot into yosemite. How can I stop this windows error coming up? I thought I had already erased the partition seeing as there's nothing in disk utility?

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 2:59 PM

Open your Startup Disk preferences, select your OS X volume, then click on the Restart button.

2 replies

Windows On MacBook Pro Retina (Mid-2014)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.