Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Install Windows 8 Pro using Boot Camp

Hey Everyone,

I have been trying for the last 2 days to install Windows 8 Pro using Boot Camp onto my Early 2011 15" MacBook Pro 2ghz Intel Core i7, running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5.

User uploaded file

This is the error that I keep getting. I am currently running Boot Camp 5.1.4 (500), which appears to be outdated, But when I look for updates, it says there are none?? If you look closely at the picture it says "Install Windows 7 or later version" and I think that may be the problem, because I am trying to download Windows 8 Pro, not a version of Windows 7.

Can anyone please help me?? I'm getting very frustrated. I have run through all of the instructions on how to get the correct .iso file and I believe I have done that (see picture below) but it keeps saying "the installer disc could not be found" even though I believe the .iso file is just fine.

User uploaded file

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks so much,

Kaden

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 2011, 2 ghz i7, 16gb DDR3, 500 gb HD

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 12:49 PM

5 replies

Cannot Install Windows 8 Pro using Boot Camp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.