You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 "quits unexpectedly" when open file

I run Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 on my Mac OS X 10.10.4. I used to be able to upload all photos from all sources. Recently, when I try to open a file, the app quits unexpectedly. In the Problem details and system configuration report, I noticed the following: Crashed Thread 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread. Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV). Exception codes : KERN-PROTECTION-FAILURE at 0x00000000bf7fff2c.

I tried rebuilding the preferences. I also downloaded the latest update for Elements 6.0 Camera Raw 5.5 update. Neither has helped.

Suggestions?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 1:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 1:51 PM

Given the number of comments about problems that I found using a Google search I would say Photoshop Elements 6 is not compatible with Yosemite. Upgrade to Photoshop Elements 13

4 replies

Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 "quits unexpectedly" when open file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.