Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error: "(photo)...could not be deleted. You do not have permission to delete this item"

Error: "(photo)...could not be deleted. You do not have permission to delete this item" After copying my iPhone 6 photos to my Windows 10 desktop I am not able to delete select photos on my iPhone 6 through my desktop (while phone is connected) any longer. I can copy them over to the desktop but cannot delete them. I know that there is a way to delete them by doing so through the iPhone only, but this would be very cumbersome since I only want to delete select photos out of over a 1000. I used to be able to delete the photos through my desktop on my old iPhone 4s. Thank you...Jeff

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 1:48 PM

5 replies

Sep 3, 2015 2:10 PM in response to elcpu

Thank you for your reply. This has gone on for months, however, I did reboot the Win 10 desktop, as well as the iPhone 6 and tried again. I still received the same error. I checked my desktop SETTINGS, ACCOUNTS, and my login does indeed show Administrator rights. Any other ideas? Thank you...Jeff

Error: "(photo)...could not be deleted. You do not have permission to delete this item"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.