Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

migration assistant hangs up at end

I recently got a new iMac (late 2014 vintage) and experienced the same problem many others had with migration assistant hanging up with "less than 1 minute remaining). though I share the frustration of other Apple owners that this shouldn't happen, I urge patience at letting it go for a few hours to see if it will complete properly. The urge to start over or just resort to copying files manually is almost overwhelming but I decided to wait it out. After about 6 hours at "less than one minute remaining", my transfer did complete and and everything transferred fine. Apple needs to fix this but in the meantime, try waiting it out for a few hours to see if it will complete properly.

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 1:57 PM

There are no replies.

migration assistant hangs up at end

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.