Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change black and white on the macbook pro? I see there is an invert option, but that isn't what I want. Windows have the option to just change black and white - does the MacBook Pro also?

A head injury has made looking at a computer with a white background very tiring. On my PC at work, I am able to simply change black and white. I looked for a similar option on the Macbook Pro, but only find the invert colors option. That changes the display much more than I want and makes it much harder to interact with websites. I need a new laptop, and want to go with a mac, but the invert colors thing just isn't going to meet my needs. Is there some way to simply change the white and black without using the invert colors function? Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 4:29 PM

3 replies

Sep 4, 2015 8:14 AM in response to Kappy

Thanks for your input Kappy. As I stated in my question, I don't want to invert colors - the option you pointed me to. That causes too many changes to the visuals which makes webpage browsing difficult or irritating. I want to change black and white, such as is available on a pc under the "high contrast theme". Is that possible or available?

How do I change black and white on the macbook pro? I see there is an invert option, but that isn't what I want. Windows have the option to just change black and white - does the MacBook Pro also?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.