Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to load MP3s into iTunes

I don't seem to be able to import mp3 files int iTunes. I have a stash of mp3s that I saved off of an old hard drive. These files are valid and play outside of iTunes. I have tried "File>Add folder to library" and selecting specific album files. I can navigate to the album folder in iTues but I don't see the mp3s in the album folder. When I click on the album folder nothing seems to happen.

I am running iTuens 12.2.2.5 on a Windows 7 workstation.

PC Lenovo ThinkPad 420-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 4:36 PM

Gangnath,

Take a few of the MP3 files and drag them into your "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder (which is inside iTunes Media folder). Do this while iTunes is running.

If the files are compatible with iTunes (not corrupted, etc.) they will be immediately added to your iTunes library.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2015 4:36 PM in response to Gangnath01

Gangnath,

Take a few of the MP3 files and drag them into your "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder (which is inside iTunes Media folder). Do this while iTunes is running.

If the files are compatible with iTunes (not corrupted, etc.) they will be immediately added to your iTunes library.

Sep 3, 2015 7:25 PM in response to Gangnath01

Gangnath01 wrote:

This seems to work somewhat. I am able to pull individual files into iTunes but i loose all of the metadata, such as artist and album. Why am I unable to simply pull the albums in?

gangnath,

When iTunes adds an MP3 to the library, it reads the Artist, Album, and other metadata from the tags embedded in the file. Apparently some of your files are not properly tagged.

It is also possible that they are using an older version of tags (known as v1) which many players can read but iTunes cannot. if that is the issue, a 3rd party tool such as Winamp can clean up the tags.

Unable to load MP3s into iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.