Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 6 running IOS 8 is stuck on the factory reset screen

I tried factory reseting my Iphone to clear most of the data on my phone, i have already made a backup. When i factory reset my iPhone via the settings app it went into this mode and will not allow me to exit out of the mode.

The load bar will not increase or decrease.

The Iphone is also not recognised my itunes when connect to my Mac.

(Itunes is in its latest version)

User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 6:08 PM

6 replies

Sep 3, 2015 6:13 PM in response to TMarshallT

When you say that you tried to reset your phone in Settings, exactly what did you do? Did you Erase All Content and Settings, or something else. Looks like you are stuck here and may need to hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together to try and unlock it. Hold those buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. Not what you are seeing now. It could take up to 30 seconds or longer of holding. Then you may get the Recovery Mode screen. If so, you will need to connect the device to the computer and iTunes and restore from there.

Sep 3, 2015 6:18 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I did erase all content and data from settings. Ive tried holding the sleep/wake button and then releasing it untill the apple logo pops up. However it does not go into recovery mode, it just goes back into the same mode. I know its not in recovery mode because a notification does not appear on itunes when i try this. It is also not recognised by iTunes.

Sep 3, 2015 6:20 PM in response to TMarshallT

I did not say to hold the sleep/wake button and release it until Apple logo pops up. I said, hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. If that will not help, then see this support document about putting the device into Recovery Mode. If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

My Iphone 6 running IOS 8 is stuck on the factory reset screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.