Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are all my files on my new macbook pro?

I transfered all my files (documents, music, photos, etc) from my old macbook pro to my new one (most recent model). Now I cannot find them in finder, but I know they are on the computer because there was a significant change in the amount of storage left on it. How do I access them?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 5:26 PM

If you migrated them when you set up the computer or used a method other than the Migration Assistant, choose Home from the Finder's Go menu and look for them.

If you used the Migration Assistant outside of the computer setup, log out and then into the migrated account.

(132783)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2015 5:26 PM in response to susan.d

If you migrated them when you set up the computer or used a method other than the Migration Assistant, choose Home from the Finder's Go menu and look for them.

If you used the Migration Assistant outside of the computer setup, log out and then into the migrated account.

(132783)

Where are all my files on my new macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.