Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set up an Apple ID using my old email on my iPhone. That email now defunct. Set up iPad using new email. When I try to change my iPhone appleid to my new email it won't let me as it says it's already used by another account

My AppleID on my iPhone 5s used my old email addres which was made defunct when I changed broadband provider. I set up my AppleID on my new IPad Mini with an alternative valid email address. When I try to change my Id on my IPhone to align it with the IPad mini AppleID it fails saying this ID is already in use with another account. Any ideas how to sort this out.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 3:43 PM

There are no replies.

Set up an Apple ID using my old email on my iPhone. That email now defunct. Set up iPad using new email. When I try to change my iPhone appleid to my new email it won't let me as it says it's already used by another account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.