Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I send out a URL for people to VIEW (not subscribe) to my iCal calendar?

Years ago, I shared my iCal calendar on my website by linking it to a URL that would point to my calendar. I forgot how to do this, and I need to do this once again. When I currently "share" my iCal calendar, it creates a link that forces the user to subscribe to the calendar, which I am having trouble with, as most of the people are viewing the calendar (or trying, anyway) from their smartphone, which use different operating systems, and they're complaining they can't see the calendar.

Can anyone help me with how to do this? I have an active Dropbox account, with the "public" folder inside. I am using iWeb to create my site (yup, still works), and hosting on GoDaddy.

Thanks

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 5:45 PM

1 reply

Sep 17, 2015 6:11 AM in response to mahermusic

There is no way to share Apple Calendar in the current version of MacOS (10.10) or the previous version I believe. I am aware of only two ways of using Apple Calendars and sharing them publicly (without forcing people to subscribe):

1. Use Google Calendar as your main calendar, and subscribe to these calendars in Apple Calendar (by adding your Google account to the Internet Accounts Preference Pane. Google Calendar allows calendars to be shared publicly. (It is quite easy to migrate data from Apple Calendar to Google Calendar.)
  2. Publish your Apple Calendars via WordPress, using a plug-in such as the Timely All-in-One Event Calendar WordPress Plugin

Can I send out a URL for people to VIEW (not subscribe) to my iCal calendar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.