Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Unable to install profile" error received when trying to supervise iPads

Currently using Apple Configurator 1.7.2 (560) on Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10.3) and trying to supervise 2 x iPad Air 2 tablets straight out of the box.

Apple Configurator goes through the PREPARATION process with all others steps completing successfully but ends up with this error:

User uploaded file

Internet access is available via the browser.

Have tried using wireless hotspot off the phone to determine if there are DNS issues but same result as when Mac is on domain connection.

Have quit from Apple Configurator app and rebooted the Mac also to no avail.

Any leads to isolate issue would be appreciated.

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 7:24 PM

2 replies

Sep 4, 2015 8:11 AM in response to junGregorio

This started happening to us over the summer. To get around it, I need to run Apple Configurator in multiple steps.

1. On the Prepare screen, I "Supervise" and add a WiFi configuration profile (I don't restore any backups or install any other config profiles at this time).

2. Once that completes, I hit Stop.

3. I go to the Supervision screen, add apps, and select the backup I want to restore. Then I run that.

4. Once the backup restores, I confirm that each iPad has a WiFi connection. Then I add the MDM enrollment profile and refresh.

By doing it in multiple steps, I don't get the "Profile Installation Failed" error.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

~Joe

"Unable to install profile" error received when trying to supervise iPads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.