Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5S stuck on 2G, 3G & LTE won't work

Anyone can help me?... I'm previously using iOS 8.4 on iphone 5S and it went well. After a weeks, iOS 8.4.1 pops up and ready to be installed on your phone. So I did it, Then I kept changing from 2G to 3G to LTE and back to 2G. After a while I've noticed something went wrong on the data, it won't never comes out on 3G & LTE. it just kept searching on 3G & LTE and it just stucks up on 2G. Is there anything that I could resolve this problem?

Here's I've done on my phone:

1. Change Airplane mode to On & Off, no to avail
  2. Reset network settings, no to avail
  3. Reboot phone using sleep & home button, no to avail
  4. Reset all setting & Erase all content and settings, still no to avail.

Would this possible to downgrade to iOS 8.4 to resolve this problem? I'm really tired of kept resetting my phone.

Thanks,

JoeGonz

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 6:43 PM

1 reply

Sep 5, 2015 9:25 AM in response to JoeGonz

Hi JoeGonz,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your iPhone after a recent update. It sounds like you have been on the right track in your troubleshooting. You may want to double-check the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article, though it would appear you have covered most of them. On thing you may want to try if the issue persists would be to make sure you have a current backup of your data, then try restoring your iPhone to factory settings and testing it in that default state before restoring your backed up data. You may find the following articles helpful:

If you can't connect to a cellular network or cellular data - Apple Support

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Regards

iPhone 5S stuck on 2G, 3G & LTE won't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.