Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does iTunes take so long to open?

hi, thanks to the person who helps me

my iTunes takes forever to open, a little window pops up and has searching content, something like that,

yes I have a lot of music and movies etc, but its starting to **** me off

everything!!

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 7:41 PM

Hi Hope i could help.

what system (PC Or Mac) are you using ?

7 replies

Sep 3, 2015 7:45 PM in response to electropleb

Need full details about your configuration. What type of computer? What OS X or OS? What version of iTunes? Are you using Apple Music? iTunes Match? Has this been going on for a long time, or is it something that has only recently happened? Has anything changed recently?

We cannot see your computer, you need to draw a picture.....

Cheers,

GB

Sep 5, 2015 7:12 PM in response to electropleb

The instructions on this link worked brilliantly for me: http://osxdaily.com/2010/05/05/itunes-loading-slowly-heres-a-simple-fix-to-speed -launch/

In short you hold the option key down and click the blue button (I forget exactly what it says)| then you highlight the folder that is labeled "iTunes"| click "open"

The next launch takes moments!

My iTunes was taking over a minute to launch on my late 2010 macbook pro, now it takes a couple of seconds, hope this helps you too.

Sep 6, 2015 8:05 AM in response to kyleleen

You can try that, no harm I guess, but I fail to see how in any scenario it would speed up opening iTunes. Well, I guess speed up in terms of iTunes otherwise presenting you with an error message it cannot find a library file and sitting there waiting until you tell it where to find one. The option key start method is how you tell iTunes to use a different library, so unless your issue is one where iTunes is using the wrong library or no library at all...

Sep 6, 2015 9:46 AM in response to Limnos

The explanation in the link I provided is the best I can give you for why it worked:

"The interesting thing is that you’re loading the same music library as before, so the speedup must be related to a more recent cache being available."

I only know that it worked for me, the "how" is beyond my computational knowledge. :-)

why does iTunes take so long to open?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.