Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a late 2006 imac, it hangs at the apple , using the install disc in safe boot gives a kernel panic. I bought the discs and the imac separately 8k1106.

late 2006 imac core 2 duo 2.16ghz 20 inch it came not working without install discs, I bought the discs 10.4.7 8k1106, but still won't boot. it gets to the apple but no spinning wheel or progress bar. I have a ppc g5 powermac , I put the imac into disc target mode installed leopard on the hd and can boot the g5 from the imac hdd. so i think the hard drive is good. I bought a 2 gig ram from owc, so I think that should be good. booting in safe mode gives a kernel panic version 8.7.3 unable to find driver for this platform. single user mode does not allow commands to be entered (i have no confidence to do so if I could) verbose mode enters uuid and hangs there, tried using a usb stick made with carbon copy cloner, I don't have another intel mac, I don't know how to rule out the mother board or the video card as the culprit. thats about all I can think of. I'm just about done, any help will be good, thank you

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 8:57 PM

There are no replies.

I have a late 2006 imac, it hangs at the apple , using the install disc in safe boot gives a kernel panic. I bought the discs and the imac separately 8k1106.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.