Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing playlists on phone

There are playlists in iTunes that will not sync to my phone. I am beyond frustrated with this new convoluted icloud/itunes arrangement. If everything is in the cloud, and both my mac and my phone are logged in, why the heck is stuff missing from my phone?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 8G RAM, 2T HDD 64GB iPhone 6+

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 6:34 PM

4 replies

Sep 3, 2015 7:07 PM in response to andrewsns

I appreciate the reply but it's not as simple as that. This has something to do with the way my phone and my mac are syncing via the cloud. There are songs that I have downloaded to my phone that are missing. There are playlists on my Mac that aren't showing up on my phone.

I am at a complete loss as to what's going on and how to fix it.

Sep 3, 2015 7:40 PM in response to Woodpile90

Have u tried synching onto another iOS Device ?

By the way , how long have you had your device? Apple does offer you 90 days of toll free to call in and get help, if you would like to have more personal help, you are always welcome to go to an Apple Store nearest to you to seek help from the staff there.

Hope it gets sorted out soon . 🙂

Sep 4, 2015 12:10 PM in response to Woodpile90

I was having the same problem. This is how I did it...

Go into your phone settings and turn off iCloud music library under music

Go into itunes preferences on turn off iCloud music library

Plug phone into computer and go into your phone and go under music you should be able to select you music that you want and upload it with your phone.

Once your playlists are uploaded turn back on all the iCloud music library options so you can get the apple music you saved back on your phone

When you turn your phones iCloud music library it will ask you if you'd like to merge or replace make sure you hit MERGE! or you will have to start all over again.

That's it all the playlists that I wanted are back on my phone. Hope that helps!

Missing playlists on phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.