Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i deleted a conversation on my phone but it is still on my computer How do i get it back

I meant to reply to a text but i accidentally deleted the whole conversation but the whole conversation is on my computer how do i get it back.

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 6:56 PM

1 reply

Sep 4, 2015 12:55 PM in response to Vball

Hi,

You don't.

Basically the Mac OS and the iOS have two different apps that have the same Name and happen to be compatible.

The way the iMessages servers works is that "Copies" are made of iMessages if you have more than one device registered.

Those iMessages are then delivered to each device individually.

Even if a device has been Off line and the iMessages have been delivered to one, the "Copy" that has not been delivered yet cannot be accessed by other devices.

One hope left.

if you Back up your iPhone to iTunes then you might be able to restore the iPhone to an earlier point when the conversation was on the iPhone (or at least a significant part of it).

User uploaded file

8:55 p.m. Friday; September 4, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

i deleted a conversation on my phone but it is still on my computer How do i get it back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.