Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help deleting photos off iPhone 5s

I've imported all my photos and videos from my iPhone5s to my Mac mini. Now I think I am safe to delete all photos and videos off my iPhone5s. But I don't know how to without having to delete one at a time.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 9:11 PM

4 replies

Sep 3, 2015 9:56 PM in response to kimfrombartlett

OK, just wanted to make sure that they were actually there before you deleted the ones off of your device.

So, the easiest way to delete a large number of photos is to go to the Photos option in the Photos app on the iPhone (left hand option on the bottom), then go into the "Moments" view in Photos. Once there, press Select at the top, and then go through eac of the dates in Moments, and press on the Select to the right of the date. This will select all of the photos for that date. You can repeat this for all of the dates you want to delete. Once you have selected everything you want to delete, click on the Trash Can in the bottom right-hand side of the screen.

If you see that you have deleted something that you did not intend to delete, you have 30 days to go to your Recently Deleted Album and recover it.

Best of luck,

GB

Need help deleting photos off iPhone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.