Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a new mac book air 13 and installed the new MS office 365 personal. My old Mac book air has office 2011 installed. Tried to migrate the content from office 2011 to the new office 365 personal, but unsuccessful. Nothing was transferred. HELP

I bought a new mac book air 13 and installed the new MS office 365 personal. My old Mac book air has office 2011 installed. Tried to migrate the content from office 2011 to the new office 365 personal, but unsuccessful. Nothing was transferred. HELP

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 9:50 PM

10 replies

Sep 3, 2015 10:50 PM in response to Kappy

I'm really a beginner when it comes to this. What I did was simply migrating the back up content of my time machine and I thought, that the my mails and folders which I created in outlook 2011 will be automatically transferred to the new outlook 2016 (or 365 as it is called). But the outlook 2016 is empty, means all my mails and folders which I created where somehow not transferred to the new outlook. Do you understand what I mean? The outlook 2016 works now, but it is completely empty at the moment. I only set up the mail accounts. What I still need is, that all the mails and folders which are in my old outlook 2011 should be transferred to the new outlook 2016.

Sep 3, 2015 11:13 PM in response to ulrichjosef

I believe those are stored in the Microsoft User Data folder found in your /Home/Documents/ folder which should have migrated with everything in your Home folder if you migrated properly. However, if you already had a /Home/ folder when you did the migration, then your data are all in the other user folder created by the Migration Assistant. If you log out of your current account, then log into the migrated account you should find your data.

This all applies to Office 2011 and all your other migrated data. I don't know a thing about Office 365.

Sep 4, 2015 2:00 PM in response to ulrichjosef

There is nothing to migrate from Office 2011 for Mac to Office 2016 for Mac. They are entirely different distributions of Office for Mac, and even install differently. The only content that you should have migrated are the Word, Excel, and Powerpoint documents that you created with Office 2011 for Mac. You will then need to set the preferences in the Office 2016 for Mac (e.g. auto-capitalization) distribution.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.