Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't remove a book from iBooks

Actually it's not difficult. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE.

Please help. I can't see the option "delete from all devices", I have synced collections, etc., but no, nothing, nada, can't delete a single book from iBooks. Why they don't want this to happen?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 9:56 PM

5 replies

Sep 3, 2015 10:02 PM in response to goldfilm

You are referring to the iBooks app on your iOS device, correct? When you open the Library and see the Books on the shelf, are you indicating that you cannot tap on the "Select" button in the top right-hand corner? Once you do that, you can then tap on the book you want to delete, and a red Delete option will show in the upper left-hand corner next to Move.

Cheers,

GB

Sep 6, 2015 2:34 PM in response to goldfilm

Best bet is to access your account from a computer, not a tablet or phone, and hide the purchase like you would a movie or a song. Unfortunately, this only works some of the time. I have one book that stays in my library regardless of what I do, but for most books this seems to work.

Hide and unhide purchases in iTunes or iBooks on your Mac or PC - Apple Support

Can't remove a book from iBooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.