Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

While using the budget template, how can i add a new sheet for different months in the same file? Duplicating the sheets keeps it linked to the first budget

While using the budget template, how can i add a new sheet for different months in the same file? Duplicating the budget & transaction sheets keeps it linked to the first budget sheet hence i cant add details for the next month.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 10:27 PM

1 reply

Sep 4, 2015 7:03 AM in response to kaushalms

Hi kaushalms,

I think that the Personal Budget template was designed to cover a whole year.

If you want to split it into months, add another column (new column B) to the TRANSACTIONS table to hold MONTHNAME

I have renamed that table TRANSACTIONS FOR THE YEAR.

User uploaded file

I have changed the Date column to 'weekday, day month year' to make this table appeal to those in other Regions who use date displays other than 'month day year' from the original template (that does not affect the formula).

Formula in B2 =IF(LEN(A2)>0,MONTHNAME(MONTH(A2)),"")

If a cell is not blank in A (length is >0) calculate MONTH (January = month 1) and turn that into MONTHNAME.

If a cell is blank in A, return "" (NULL, blank) to stop the red error triangles.

You can hide column B.

The original Budget Sheet still works as before. I changed the table name to SUMMARY BY CATEGORY FOR THE YEAR.

User uploaded file

New table on a Budget by Month sheet, and SUMIFS is your friend:

Add another Header Row to hold the month name (January in this example)

User uploaded file

Formula in C3 =SUMIFS(Transactions for the year::E,Transactions for the year::B,$A$1,Transactions for the year::D,A3)

Copy the table and Paste.

Type February in to A1

User uploaded file

Regards,

Ian.

While using the budget template, how can i add a new sheet for different months in the same file? Duplicating the sheets keeps it linked to the first budget

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.