Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing Music Trial

I have signed up for the family music. I can access all the features on my non apple PC and my ipad. I have created accounts for both my children and they too can access all the features on ipad and pc.

I sent an invitation to my husband and he cannot access all the features. When he searches he only gets results for "Radio" he is unable to view Albums etc.

So i decided i would add him as a child user and see if that made a different. It doesn't it is the same. Can only get searched results in Radio.

I have no idea what i am doing wrong. I have family sharing turned on (obviously) as the kids music works ok.

Would be grateful for any advice.. hoping to continue with this after the trial. I used to used MOG but that was dispanded.

Software is up to date. Thanks

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 1:12 AM

1 reply

Sep 6, 2015 12:45 PM in response to Pinkpods

I had the same issue with my fiancee's phone (I'm the Organizer). It turned out that she was signed into iCloud (Settings > iCloud) with one AppleID, and Apple Music (Apple Music App > Account Info) with another. Not quite sure how it happened, but the right answer for us was to sign out of iCloud (she didn't really use that ID at all), sign back in with the account she used (which was also signed in with Apple Music), and reconnect family sharing to that account.

Good luck!!

Family Sharing Music Trial

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.