Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail is not updating correctly, after updating always shows "last updated13/08/2015". Also doesn't download new emails.

As title but does occasionally download an email. Mail is working fine on my iPhone 4 but not the ipad mini 3. Driving me nuts because a lot of the PDFs are impossible to read on phone.

iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 8.3

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 12:29 AM

8 replies

Sep 6, 2015 12:46 AM in response to cloth ears

Hi cloth ears,

If the steps in that article didn't help, then I would suggest first closing the Mail app, see the following article:

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

Once you have done this, I would like you to force restart the device as in this article:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you are still having issues with it, then I would suggest contacting another one of Apple's support resources - https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action.

Regards

Sep 5, 2015 2:11 PM in response to cloth ears

Cloth ears,

Try resetting your Mail Account and system by following these steps. Please do not skip any steps. First close your Mail App completely from the multitasking window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the Mail preview pane up until it disappears from the screen. You may have to look for the Mail pane by swiping side to side as there may be other panes there from other apps.

Then Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > locate your email provider and click on the account. Then on the next page Delete Account. Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it comes up. You will not lose anything. Then go back to Settings > Mail… and add the account again.

Feb 29, 2016 12:27 AM in response to cloth ears

I'm glad that worked for the op but if you guys are checking these posts for the same problem try settings>mail,cont...>Fetch New Data>PushON/MailaccountFetch/At the end of the page it says 15 mnt 30 mnt hourly manually. Check if manually is selected and if it is activate something you want rather han manually.

Sometimes the best solution is a simple one and i hate myself for not checking this for couple of months, you maybe having the same problem as i did too.

Cheers.

Mail is not updating correctly, after updating always shows "last updated13/08/2015". Also doesn't download new emails.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.