Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Apple block purchases of apps from the iTunes stores in other countries?

Why does Apple block purchases of apps from the iTunes stores in other countries ? On Amazon it is possible to buy items from the stores of different countries. Why does iTunes not have this function ? I live in Switzerland (and have a Swiss credit card) but spend a lot of time in London. I can't even download the Opentable app for the UK, and the Opentable App for Germany is useless in the UK. It is pretty absurd.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 3:17 AM

1 reply

Sep 5, 2015 6:59 AM in response to Phil_987

Phil_987 wrote:

Why does Apple block purchases of apps from the iTunes stores in other countries ? On Amazon it is possible to buy items from the stores of different countries. Why does iTunes not have this function ? I live in Switzerland (and have a Swiss credit card) but spend a lot of time in London. I can't even download the Opentable app for the UK, and the Opentable App for Germany is useless in the UK. It is pretty absurd.

Phil,

That is an extremely frequent complaint, but the unfortunate fact is that each iTunes Store is country-specific, and is only open to those who have valid billing credentials with an address in that country, and are physically in the country at the time of purchase. (Once you have purchased and downloaded something, you can of course take it wherever you go.)

If you wish to provide feedback to Apple, use this link:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

You may also wish to suggest to Opentable that they make the UK app available in the Swiss iTunes store, as they apparently already do with the Germany app.

Why does Apple block purchases of apps from the iTunes stores in other countries?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.