Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I log into multiple computers using ARD?

I have been using the following unix commands in ARD to log in to multiple lab mac computers.

osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to keystroke "techcoord"'; \

osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to keystroke tab'; \

osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to delay 0.5'; \

osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to keystroke "tech207"'; \

osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to delay 0.5'; \

osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to keystroke return'

This commands no longer works since we moved to OS X Yosemite. What is the new commands to log in to multiple computers running OS X 9 and OS X 10?

Apple Remote Desktop-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 2:32 AM

3 replies

Sep 4, 2015 4:20 AM in response to kazu751

Kazu751, those appear to be applescript commands. A couple of items I would check. I'm making the assumption that you also upgraded the lab computers you are trying to use ARD on. First check to make sure the setting on one of the lab computer hasn't changed with the upgrade. Look in the sharing preference pane and see if the Remote Apple events checkbox is still checked. If you notice that there are changes then make the appropriate fixes and test with the one computer you 'fixed'. Also what else has changed?

Sep 4, 2015 11:56 AM in response to Paul Conaway

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I have imaged the computers and "Remote Login" and "Remote Management" are checked.

There is a way I could use the commands but it is very time consuming. I have to connect to each computer and select an account. I would then select all the computers, send the above commands, and log in.

I did not have to do this until we moved to Maverick and Yosemite. I have been searching the internet for updated login commands but found nothing.

How do I log into multiple computers using ARD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.