Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi i have accidentally restore back up my phone without backing up all of my new files

Hi can somebody please help me! 😟 i have accidentally restore back up my phone without saving or backing up all my new files. I have not plugged my phone into my computer for about year and got heaps of important files on my phone.. when i connected my phone this afternoon to try to transfer my pictures.. it prompted me if i want to restore back up to my files.. and so i hit next "which i thought" would just back up my phone.. but after which my phone restarted and went back to square 1.. with out any files at all!! so please guys if you can help me out please! i'm desperate 😟

iPhone 5c

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 4:09 AM

4 replies

Sep 4, 2015 4:14 AM in response to jt_villanueva

Did you check iTunes/Edit/Preferences/Devices, if there are any backups listed taken at the time you restored your phone?

If yes, use this backup to restore the phone again.

If there are no backups listed and you are not using iCloud to back up either, your data is gone, sorry.

Also check this article about it:

About backups in iCloud and iTunes - Apple Support

Hi i have accidentally restore back up my phone without backing up all of my new files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.