Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud email problems!

I am a victim of iCloud. I've been dragged into it like a lamb to the slaughter.

Suddenly my partners email has stopped working, or at least being unable to send emails - it receives sometimes. After giving out everyone our iCloud emails as our main source of communication after moving abroad, now, mine's stopped working.

There doesn't seem to be any help anywhere! My ISP told me to stop using Mac's 'Mail' for email (which I actually prefer), and recommended Thunderbird, which is ok(ish) but after a short time also became unreliable and very temperamental, so I went back to 'Mail' (Version 8.2 (2104).

Now, none of my or my partner's iCloud email work on his iPad or my MacBook Pro or his or now my iPhone. As iCloud is more or less automatic in it's setting up, I have very little to do but obviously something's wrong!!

I can log into iCloud and attend to email on my MacBook but I don't always carry that with me so have to rely on iPhone. iOS for some reason doesn't allow you to log into iCloud so that's ruled that out!!

Anyone else have the problems. I feel that I'm completely on my own with this problem. Email is completely important to me with regard to private and professional communication and I feel that we've 'sold our souls' to iCloud!!

Anyone else out there with the same problem and found an answer?!!!!

Help!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 12:53 AM

5 replies

Sep 4, 2015 1:45 AM in response to Applewizard1on1

Hello,

Yes, it works when I log into my account on iCloud.com but won't send from my MacBook Pro, or my Partner's iPad. The incoming mail doesnt seen to be so much of a problem. It's just outgoing.

The 'Account Information' in 'Preferences' says:

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): iCloud (offline)

I can't see how to get it 'online' also it is set to map.mail.me.com and it suggests that the Outgoing Mail Server is SMTP.

Maybe that's the problem?

Thanks for your help..

Sep 5, 2015 1:20 AM in response to Applewizard1on1

Yes, I have. Several times. I'm very confused about my iCloud login details. It suggests that my username (outgoing server) is different to my Apple ID and is greyed out so I can't change it. It is also the first part of my iCloud main email address which is different to the address I use to log into iCloud. I keep getting the attached error message but don't seem to have any control over the settings under the 'Account Information' tab!User uploaded file

I clicked the email address in the image above and sent a test email and it sent and I received it!!! Very confused!

... and to add.. I've just changed the 'Outgoing mail server (SMTP):' to my business mail server from the drop-down menu (not iCloud), and it sends and receives, albeit slowly. It's not ideal, I guess but kind of works!

iCloud email problems!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.