Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broadcast quality HD standards converter NTSC to PAL?

What do people do to convert 60i to 50i for broadcast in HD?

For years we have used Graeme Nattress excellent Standards Converter but this doesn't run on FCPX. Any suggestions?

Thanks All!!

Paul

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 16GB Ram - NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 5:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 5:37 AM

Not directly addressing the first question because NTSC>PAL is not something that I routinely do. But if you're pleased with the results you've obtained with Nattress why not export Pro Res (to maintain quality) from FCP X and then bring that into FCP 7 solely for the conversion?

Obviously, Compressor (and FCP X) will do the job as well, but I assume that if you felt Compressor's conversion quality was on par with Nattress you would have been using Compressor all along.

Russ

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2015 5:37 AM in response to Paul Shard

Not directly addressing the first question because NTSC>PAL is not something that I routinely do. But if you're pleased with the results you've obtained with Nattress why not export Pro Res (to maintain quality) from FCP X and then bring that into FCP 7 solely for the conversion?

Obviously, Compressor (and FCP X) will do the job as well, but I assume that if you felt Compressor's conversion quality was on par with Nattress you would have been using Compressor all along.

Russ

Sep 4, 2015 5:37 AM in response to Russ H

Back when we set up using Nattress it was much better than compressor - properly sorting the fields etc. We also had a setup to monitor in case fields were flipped in PAL. Now I don't have a method to watch broadcast quality 50i so was wondering what people do.

I have managed to get FCP 7 working as well as FCPx on my new setup so I think I will do as you suggest and use FCP7 with Nattress Standards Converter on the finished FCPX master.

Thanks Russ!

Paul

Broadcast quality HD standards converter NTSC to PAL?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.