Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have hearing problems. Recently I paired an Oticon pronto streamer to use as a hands free facility. Unfortunately no matter what I do my phone no longer rings on incoming calls. I have reset it checked do not disturb setting side bar everything.

I am deaf in my right ear and hearing loss in my left. In certain situations I use a Bone Anchored Hearing Aid (BAHA). recently ipaired a oticon pronto bluetooth steamer that allowed me to recieve hands free calls through my BAHA. Unfortunately when not using my aid and the streamer and blue tooth are turned off my phone does not ring when recieving calls. I have checked settings reset my phone through itunes spoke to the manufacturers who are insistent it is my phone. So here I am with a phone I can't answer as it fails to ring. I have been to a phone shop to check speakers and other related componetns they are fine so it must be a setting. Can anyone help I have done the usual checks side bar, do not disturb, everything I can think of. I am using the latest os system. So here I am with a phone I can't answer as it fails to ring.Any one any ideas?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 4:26 AM

2 replies

Sep 4, 2015 9:12 AM in response to febtrev

Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Hearing Aids - you may have to tweak something in there. As I don't use a hearing aid, I'm not familiar with these settings, but it may be trying to still connect to your device there or Hearing Aid Mode may still be turned on, and the call may not be coming through the normal speaker. Hope this helps...

Sep 5, 2015 9:59 AM in response to AmishCake

Amish Thanks for suggestion.

However a friend of mine solved the issue on my iPhone 5 using the following steps. Go to:-

1. Settings
  2. General
  3. Accessibility
  4. Assisted touch
  5. Turn on assisted touch revealing a black square with a central white spot
  6. Tap the spot once to open screen showing icons
  7. Tap mobile phone icon
  8. Another screen opens with a variety of icons. one is a bell if unmute is written under it tap it and this umutes the phone and reveals a bell with a line through it; this allows the phone to ring
  9. Turn off assisted touch.
  10. Return to home screen

I have hearing problems. Recently I paired an Oticon pronto streamer to use as a hands free facility. Unfortunately no matter what I do my phone no longer rings on incoming calls. I have reset it checked do not disturb setting side bar everything.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.