Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error while updating or restoring 8.4.1

Hi,

My iPhone 5s gold of 16 GB is stuck during the update and restore of OS 8.4.1 through iTunes.Its showing the Apple logo on connecting to iTunes and after that displaying the iTunes Logo,then trying to update and restore ,but in the middle it stopped and giving me different errors every time I tried to restore or update.Now I am unable to restart the phone. I took it to Apple Care (PlanetCare) in Bangalore.This shop is Apple Authorised Service Provider.They are saying the phone needs replacement,due to some hardware issues and for which I have to pay 21,000 INR.Its been one and half year I purchased this iPhone. I am very disappointed with this kind of issue.Kindly suggest what I need to do.

Regards,

Sushil

AppleId- sushilkumar28@live.com

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 2:26 AM

1 reply

Sep 4, 2015 4:31 AM in response to SushilKS

Sorry, but if the warranty period given by Apple is over, there is nothing you can do about it. The only other option you have after that would be the "Out-of-Warranty-Service"

offered by Apple. If you do so, you will get a new device for a reduced price.

My iPhone is not eligible for warranty service. What are my service options?

There are two service options for an iPhone that is not eligible for warranty service:

1. Battery Replacement Service

If your iPhone requires service due to the battery’s diminished ability to hold an electrical charge and it is not covered under Apple's warranty, the AppleCare Protection Plan, or statutory consumer rights, please contact an iPhone Authorized Service Provider.
  2. Out-of-Warranty Service

Please contact an iPhone Authorized Service Provider for out-of-warranty service options.

copied from Service Answer Center - iPhone / India

error while updating or restoring 8.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.