Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no sound or music playback on Itouch mc544ll/a

I have had this issue with 3 ITouch units (mc544ll/a-version 6.1.6), 2 of which were replaced by Apple at no charge as refurbished units. This always happens about 4 to 8 months into using the unit.

The sound stops working and music stops playing. I tried clearing the ear bud canal with air, inserted the 1/8" multiple times and it still does not work. Also reset the unit, wiped the unit, to no avail.

When trying to playback music, the screen shows normal, however when pressing the play button; the play button then changes to show the pause button, the song timer does not move and within 5 second, they play button then reappears as if I never pressed play to begin with.

Let, if I play through a Bluetooth speaker the iTouch music and sound plays?

Has anyone experienced this issue and any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

iPad 2, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 7:07 AM

1 reply

Sep 4, 2015 7:17 AM in response to lostappleuserhelp

What does "Let, if I play through a Bluetooth speaker the iTouch music and sound plays?" mean?

I suspect a problem with the little switch that is part of the headphone jack. Since cleaning and inserting the plug multiple times and restoring the iPod did not fix it the iPod requires service/headphone jack replacement.is required.

The cause could be due to you putting side forces on the plug during use or or getting grit on the plug/in the jack and wearing it out

no sound or music playback on Itouch mc544ll/a

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.