Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12: ebooks have become audiobooks???

So today for the first time since updating to iTunes 12, I tried to sync some new ebooks to my iPad. But in my iTunes library, all of my ebooks are suddenly classified as audiobooks, except for 3 PDFs and 2 epubs downloaded from iTunes. I have no idea whatsoever why this has happened. Because I plugged my iPad into my computer, my iPad's iBooks library has been wiped out and now, instead of having an iPad iBooks library of ~300 perfectly functioning ebooks, I have a library filled with "audiobook" files of 0.00 seconds duration.

I can't restore the backup of my iPad because apparently "there is not enough space" on my iPad.

In the iBooks app on my computer, however, all my ebooks work perfectly.

I am completely mystified.... Why is iTunes seeing all my ebooks as audiobooks all of a sudden?? How on earth do I fix this??

Specs:

- Yosemite version 10.10.5

- iTunes version 12.2.2.25

- iBooks version 1.2 (if this matters)

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 11:17 AM

This has just happened to me, except only for some of my ebooks. There's nothing obvious as to why those ones and not others, either. I have found a fix/workaround, but you're not going to like it much if you have a lot of books.

• In iTunes, go to the Audio Books section.
  • Right click/ctrl-click on a book and choose Get Info
  • Go to the Options tab and notice that it's suddenly remembered it's a ebook, not an audio book.

You can actually skip this - just wait a second after clicking Get Info and you'll notice the book vanishes from Audio Books

• Click OK
  • Rinse and Repeat for however many books are affected (just over 120 for me). Selecting multiple books doesn't work - they stay as Audio Books and you can't change the format.

Hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2015 11:17 AM in response to unlongvoyage

This has just happened to me, except only for some of my ebooks. There's nothing obvious as to why those ones and not others, either. I have found a fix/workaround, but you're not going to like it much if you have a lot of books.

• In iTunes, go to the Audio Books section.
  • Right click/ctrl-click on a book and choose Get Info
  • Go to the Options tab and notice that it's suddenly remembered it's a ebook, not an audio book.

You can actually skip this - just wait a second after clicking Get Info and you'll notice the book vanishes from Audio Books

• Click OK
  • Rinse and Repeat for however many books are affected (just over 120 for me). Selecting multiple books doesn't work - they stay as Audio Books and you can't change the format.

Hope this helps!

iTunes 12: ebooks have become audiobooks???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.