Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

We set up an old iPod shuffle under my son's iTunes account. Now we are trying to sync the music that is on the shuffle with my husbands itune. How do I get the music off the shuffle to a different iTunes account?

WE set up an iPod shuffle for my son. Now we wamy to put the music that is on the shuffle to my husbands iTunes. How do I sync my sons iPod with my husbands iitunes?

iPod shuffle

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 8:27 AM

2 replies

Sep 4, 2015 8:37 AM in response to Cattfam13

You don't. Not easily anyway. iPods are not mean as transfer devices. Syncing with iTunes is a one way affair: from Computer to iPod/iPhone/iPad. And Music purchased from the iTunes store with one account is only licensed to that account, and not really playable on another account.

To accomplish this, you'll need a third party application that can extract the music.

For instance:

https://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/

Once extracted, you'll need to import it into your Husband's iTunes library normally.

We set up an old iPod shuffle under my son's iTunes account. Now we are trying to sync the music that is on the shuffle with my husbands itune. How do I get the music off the shuffle to a different iTunes account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.