Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27 inch- No Boot and Blue Screen

Hi

I have an iMac 27 inch running OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

My iMac is not booting and here are the symptoms:

-I pressed the command+r key whole turning on the Mac

-I saw the apple logo and then a status bar and the circle thing telling me it's trying to do something in the background

-blue screen comes up after that

-turned of the Mac

-pressed the shift key while turning on Mac

-saw the apple logo and after a couple of seconds, the screen seems to be off but I know that's on

It's just weird because the sand exact thing happened to my friend 2 weeks ago, she's also using an iMac 27 inch. Did apple pushed an update to our computers recently or is this a known issue?

I appreciate it if you can give me a workaround for this problem.

Thanks!

April

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Bought this iMac 3 years ago

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 8:09 AM

3 replies

Sep 4, 2015 8:38 AM in response to Apriltolentino

I suggest you try Internet Recovery. This will diagnose your system and boot into OS X Recovery. It downloads OS X Recovery from Apple's servers, so it will take a bit to download (<15 minutes). On boot, press and hold Command + Option + R (wired keyboard only). A globe type thing should appear and begin the download.

OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support

Hope this helps!

Sep 4, 2015 7:31 PM in response to Apriltolentino

Try these steps in order and only advance to the next step if the previous step doesn't resolve the issue:

Try safe mode if your Mac doesn't finish starting up - Apple Support

How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

Please report results for additional assistance if none of these steps resolve your white screen issue.

iMac 27 inch- No Boot and Blue Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.