Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my serial number for a product that has been replaced

Hello,

I bought a New IPhone 5S, 16 G, System Version 8.4.1, Sales Region : HKSAR

from online site, after i received it, i found out the touch screen is hanging every time i lock the device for 10 mins for example and when i unlock it it hang won't slide i try three or four time until the touch respond, then i start to hear a weird sound inside the device like little thing moving inside, so i wanted to check the warranty check for my device, i found out this ( We're sorry, but this is a serial number for a product that has been replaced. Please check your information and re-enter your serial number. If your information is correct, you may need to contact us.)

How is that my Serail Number is Replaced, whats the new Serial number then ??

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 8:25 AM

3 replies

Sep 4, 2015 12:48 PM in response to Exlans

Return the iPhone to the online site and get a refund. That iPhone has been replaced

(the original owner was given an different iPhone to replace the one you have), and

the iPhone was stolen/lost while being shipped back to Apple and illegally sold to you. There

is no warranty on that iPhone nor will Apple assist with your problem.

Take the matter up with the online site. If you paid with credit card, dispute the payment

with your financial institution.

To avoid such problems, buy your iPhone directly from Apple or an Apple authorized iPhone

reseller.

Sep 4, 2015 2:20 PM in response to Exlans

If you used a credit card, dispute the payment with your financial institution.

Otherwise, there is nothing you can do. The online site/seller defrauded you.

You could report the fraud to the local authorities, but I doubt they would care

much about the matter since it happened in another country.

This is not an Apple problem, nor will Apple get involved in problems

arising after private sales.

Why my serial number for a product that has been replaced

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.