Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which to Macbook Air to choose?

Hi,

I'm looking for a new MacBook Air and am looking at a refurbished model. I am stuck with choosing between these two:

Refurbished 11.6-inch MacBook Air 1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5

Originally released June 2013

11.6-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, 1366-by-768 resolution

4GB memory

256GB flash storage

720p FaceTime HD camera

Intel HD Graphics 5000

Refurbished 11.6-inch MacBook Air 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5

Originally released March 2015

11.6-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colours

4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory

128GB PCIe-based flash storage

720p FaceTime HD Camera

Intel HD Graphics 6000

I use my computer for teaching online students and photo editing mainly. I have an old white MacBook and I'm only replacing it because I can no longer update it and the software I'm required to use for work will not run on it. I've found, since I've had my computer since 2008 I've been running out of storage.

Which computer would best suit me needs?

Thanks in advance,

From the a hopeless techie!

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 8:51 AM

How much storage do you have on your current computer? The 128GB on my MacBook Air is more than enough for me but for many (most?) the 256GB on the first one you listed would be a significant advantage. Check what you have now and analyze how much of that you really need.

2 replies

Which to Macbook Air to choose?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.