Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flashing question mark folder - keeps happening

I have a 13" Macbook Pro (I think it's a mid-2011, bought in July 2013). But whatever it is, it's a $1500 piece of junk.

I was trying to load a webpage, internet stopped working and wouldn't close, followed by the computer completely freezing up. I force turned it off and turned it back on. Had a question mark folder. Did command + R, did the repair under First Aid (it said the disk was fine). Set it to open with the right drive or whatever. Computer loaded fine. Went back onto that website (university email) and it happened again. But this time the drive won't even show up for me to repair or select. Tried restarting again, opens in internet recovery, do that, still no drive showing up.

The HDD cable was replace 1 month ago. Is this fixable or does this piece of junk money pit just need to be tossed? Completely tired of this.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 8:01 AM

There are no replies.

Flashing question mark folder - keeps happening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.