Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to repair a cracked camera lens

Oh man i had my phone for about a week and discovered the lens to the camera was cracked. I discovered it while trying to take a picture so there was no major event that caused it to break (like a big drop or anything). ggggrrrrrrr. Any suggestions on how to fix? i went to the apple store and they said replacing the phoen was an opt (what?)

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 11:41 AM

Regardless of not dropping it, the lens most likely cracked as a result of undue stress on it. This can result from being in a pocket (especially a back pocket), an accidental bump, extreme changes in temperature, or any number of other things. Cracks in the screen or camera lens, bends in the casing, and other items are never covered by the warranty. When they say that replacing is not an option, I assume that you just mean that they won't replace it for free. Did you ask about an out of warranty replacement. It will cost you but if you rely on your iPhone for pictures it may be worth it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2015 11:41 AM in response to windwidow

Regardless of not dropping it, the lens most likely cracked as a result of undue stress on it. This can result from being in a pocket (especially a back pocket), an accidental bump, extreme changes in temperature, or any number of other things. Cracks in the screen or camera lens, bends in the casing, and other items are never covered by the warranty. When they say that replacing is not an option, I assume that you just mean that they won't replace it for free. Did you ask about an out of warranty replacement. It will cost you but if you rely on your iPhone for pictures it may be worth it.

How to repair a cracked camera lens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.