Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV CONSISTANT disconnects.

Okay in short, it is very very possible my wifi network is at fault BUT according to my Apple TV I have a 5/5 signal reception, beside the fact that ALL my other devices have zero issue what so ever being on my wifi.

I apologize for not being able to tell you guys what generation of an apple tv I have but I do know it is an MC572LL/A running 6.2.1.

It is roughly 20 feet from my wireless router and has a 5/5 signal as I look at it right now.

Nothing works on it anymore, and has progressively began to work less and less as time has gone on, it is to the point that I can not watch "purchased" movies on my device let alone use something like netflix.

During any given netflix attempt I am lucky to get 5 minutes of anything before being interrupted and being presented the "air play something rather" pop up that asks me to choose either my apple tv device or my wifi network, which I can not do anyway since the remote does not have numbers on it.

if I pause whatever I am watching I get disconnected from it, as I stated before, last night it would disconnect me every few minutes like clock work and present the same thing to me, logging me out of netflix entirely, asking me to re enter my my information every time, I stopped trying after the 4th d/c.

Today I tried to play a "purchased" movie and it won't even start, keeps showing me the same box as the movie attempts to "load".

A small bit of wifi network history, I currently have consolidated communications as my service provided, some weeks ago, I had insisted on them to replace my router device and run whatever signal strength/quality tests they had claimed to run at the time.

Nothing changed, if anything it is getting worst as I stated above.

At any 1 time I have 3-4 laptops on my wifi and almost never have any issues with any of them (they are not all running while trying to use my apple tv, is an example of my signal capability/speed), once in a blue moon some random website might take an extra few seconds to load up.

My point with sharing all this information is, I am starting to come to the conclusion that the cause is my apple device somehow, are there any known issues with the apple tv system/interface that I do not know about? Are apple tbs known to become defective after a period of time?

AppleAtMacDotCom

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 9:24 AM

1 reply

Apple TV CONSISTANT disconnects.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.