Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Certain songs will not play unless I sign up to Apple music, why?

When I try and play some of my previously purchased songs, that I have bought from iTunes, the following message appears:

"While you membership is inactive, your music and playlists will remain in your library, but cannot be played. You can remove them in the settings app".

It then gives you the opportunity to renew your membership. I haven't ever taken part in the three month free trial for Apple music and don't want to, as I refuse to pay again for songs I have already bought! Can anyone help?

iPod touch, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 10:00 AM

6 replies

Sep 6, 2015 7:48 AM in response to dodgers27

Hi dodgers27. I, along with several others had the same problem as you. About a week ago I figured it out and it turns out, it's pretty simple. All you have to do is go to the iTunes app and in the bottom right corner, there's a "More" tab. Click it, and it will lead you to another handful of tabs. Click the one that says "Purchases," then select the "Not on this iPod/iPhone/iPad." This should lead to a list of your songs. At the topright of that page, click "Download All." This could take a while depending on how much music you have so be patient and this should answer your question. Hope this helps! ✌ ️

Certain songs will not play unless I sign up to Apple music, why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.