Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to play music only on phone library; stop streaming?

good day, all. iTunes Match subscriber here. NOT an Apple Music subscriber (at least until they figure it out...).

with the recent iOS updates introduced with Apple Music, I'm wondering how to play only the music in my phone library, and stop it from streaming from iCloud. I only have songs ranked a certain level "checked" and synced to my phone in iTunes, and the others are "unchecked" so they don't sync. I have iCloud Music Library turned OFF on my phone.

yet when I choose to shuffle a particular artist or genre, it is still mixing in songs from the cloud...unchecked songs that I don't really want to hear. plus, it has to stream those songs so if I'm somewhere with bad service like the gym, the music app just lags while it's trying to stream the song and I get no music.

I'm at a loss because iCloud Music is off on my phone, yet it still plays music from the cloud. HELP!

thanks in advance.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 10:20 AM

4 replies

how to play music only on phone library; stop streaming?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.