Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latest update has lost my playlists and other problems

I recently updated to the lastest version of iTunes for Windows (64 bit). When I restarted I agreed to the terms and conditions and to share my library with iTunes and then had to enter my apple ID to log in. When I did I found that my playlists had gone but my library was all there (or seemed to be). I logged out, restarted my computer and started iTunes again but I had to go through the whole process again (terms, share, login) but still no playlists. I tried a previous versions of iTunes library but still nothing.

I also found that when I checked preferences it had reverted to default settings. I changed them all to what I normally use and saved them and logged out. When I restarted iTunes I had to start the whole process (term, share, login) and went to preferences but these had reverted to default again. I also found that if I tried to burn a new playlist to disc it said it could not communicate with the drive.

Since this I have uninstalled iTunes, reverted to the previous version of iTunes and everything is back to normal, except my playlists are still missing. Are playlists stored in a separate file to the library as previous versions should all have my old playlists in them?

iTunes player-OTHER, Other OS, Windows 8.1 64 bit

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 7:16 AM

See Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash.

tt2

1 reply

Latest update has lost my playlists and other problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.