Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot edit music info on iPhone 6+

Hello ALL!!

Issue I am having is editing music information on iPhone through iTunes while connected to PC.

I can edit all music information on iTunes with no problem but, for some reason when I try to edit music title or artist name It does not allow me to.

This was not happening before today.

Thank for your help.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1, Latest iTunes 12

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 10:07 AM

1 reply

Sep 4, 2015 10:33 AM in response to ninjajulio

Are you manually managing your music and video on the iPhone? If so, you should be able to edit the iPhone's song tags through iTunes, unless something changed. However, if you have these songs in your iTunes library it is always best to do your edits in your library, then delete and replace the copies on your iPhone. That way if your iPhone ever requires restoring, your library has all the edits you made. (same goes for playlist creation/ edits ... do those in your library, not on your device).

If you're auto-syncing, you can't edit the tags on the iPhone itself (nor should you).

Cannot edit music info on iPhone 6+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.