Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I have two ipads with different apple id?

I had the ipadmini with only 16 GB. Decided to purchased the mini2 with 32 GB and planned to give the 16GB to my husband. However, he has not touched it since I reset it for him so now I want to take it back and put it back in use. I would like to set it up with a different Apple ID is this possible? I would also use a different email address.

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 11:40 AM

Sure. The only 'catch' to having different apple ID's is that you can't share content. So say you decide you want an app, you will need to buy a copy of the app for each iPad instead of sharing it because the apps are linked to an apple ID, not a device or user.

If you sync to a computer you'll need to pay attention to which apple ID is signed in if you purchase something, so you don't accidentally use ID A to try and put something on ID B.

The same will apply to music and movies and may also apply to cloud syncing and sharing.

Different ID's is usually interpreted as 'owned by different people'.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2015 11:40 AM in response to sylrin

Sure. The only 'catch' to having different apple ID's is that you can't share content. So say you decide you want an app, you will need to buy a copy of the app for each iPad instead of sharing it because the apps are linked to an apple ID, not a device or user.

If you sync to a computer you'll need to pay attention to which apple ID is signed in if you purchase something, so you don't accidentally use ID A to try and put something on ID B.

The same will apply to music and movies and may also apply to cloud syncing and sharing.

Different ID's is usually interpreted as 'owned by different people'.

can I have two ipads with different apple id?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.