Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad wont upload pictures to iCloud

I have an 12.5GB iPad that I only use to take pictures and videos for family events. My ipad is currently overstored with no avaiable space left, so I decided to convert to iCloud. I purchased a 200GB plan to store all my photos and information into, however, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong because my iPad is still full and my iCloud storage is still empty. My iCloud has all of my data except for Photo Data. I tried to backup multiple times and it still won't gather any of my photo data. I have 423 photos and 41 Videos. I know for sure 200GB is enough to store that and more. under the iCloud category for Photos, my settings are "Automatically upload and store your entire library in iCloud to access photos and videos from all your devices" with Optimize iPad Storage selected along with Upload to My Photo Steam and iCloud Photo Sharing. My iCloud has 199GB of storage, however, under my Storage category, it says my total storage is 0 bytes with Available 3.9 GB. Please help me it is soo fustrating thinking that I've wasted money or can't do anything but buy a new iPad

iPad 2, iOS 8.4

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 11:19 AM

1 reply

Sep 5, 2015 12:11 PM in response to BrbMomYelling

Hi BrbMomYelling,
I understand that your iPad is full and you are trying to get your pictures and videos off and be in the cloud. That is something that I am able to clear up for you.
From what you are describing, it sounds like you are not using iCloud Photo Library. If you enabled that, you can have your photo library on iCloud and then be shared between multiple iOS devices. This does not remove the photos and videos from your iPad, but you can store optimized versions, which is smaller in size so you can keep them on your iPad and not have to remove them. Take a look at the article below to see if this is something that you would like to do.
iCloud Photo Library FAQ
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264

If this is the route that you would like to take, I do recommend that you back up the photos to your computer before turning on iCloud Photo library. The steps for that are in the article below.

If this is not the route that you would like to take, then the article below is still the route that you will want to take. The reason is that you will need to remove the photos and videos to make room for new ones.

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201302

Let me know if this helps or if you need further information or assistance on this issue.
Take it easy

Ipad wont upload pictures to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.