Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to set iMovie's poster frame in iMovie?

I've just spent 30 minutes googling the question of how to set iMovie's poster frame in iMovie. Can it really be that this is only possible via Quicktime Pro? Unbelievable.

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 9:52 AM

3 replies

Sep 4, 2015 10:06 AM in response to D-Mark

What Os? and What version of Imovie?

and what is the poster frame for,

just the beginning shot?

when you are done with the iMovie project you then SHARE it to IDVD or Quicktime

The iWEb is long gone

Version 6.04 is the best version they ever made of iMovie (the only version for Intel processors)

Version 7, 8, 9 all SUCK

version 6.03 is for Power Pc only

any way,

.... when you share it to IDVD this is where when and how you make your DVD.

Caution " Learning CURVE AHEAD" drive slowly.

or

yep.... Quicktime Pro or 7 is the Best answer for posting on the internet

by exporting to WEB

It is the Best Program you can own if you are going to do Video anything.

Themacprofessor

specializing in video Production and computer user problems

see you next month

Sep 4, 2015 1:10 PM in response to macprofessor

Thanks for your response.

iMovie 10.0.9 running on Yosemite

I'm uploading clips to YouTube and am in disbelief that the image on the clip is randomly selected. YouTube then offers three options you can choose from to "set as thumbnail," all of which may also be crap.

My point is, I do not want some random image selected by iMovie to represent the clip. In iPhoto/Photos you can select the photo you want to represent the album of photos. How hard is it to program in a "select poster frame" feature for iMovie? But apparently everyone just puts up with this if they don't have Quicktime Pro.

Is there any way to set iMovie's poster frame in iMovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.