Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

family sharing ask to buy notification

I have both of my kids set up under family sharing. However, my son is listed as an adult. Is the lack of the "Ask to Buy" when he makes purchases due to the fact that he is listed as an adult? Is there a way to change this? The concept behind the family sharing is not only to share music, but to authorize purchases made under the family sharing and ensure that they are approved by the organizer.

Thanks

Jackie

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 11:20 AM

1 reply

Sep 4, 2015 11:45 AM in response to jackiemack

jackiemack wrote:

I have both of my kids set up under family sharing. However, my son is listed as an adult. Is the lack of the "Ask to Buy" when he makes purchases due to the fact that he is listed as an adult?

Jackie,

"Ask To Buy" cannot be enabled for an adult. See details here:

Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

The concept behind the family sharing is not only to share music, but to authorize purchases made under the family sharing and ensure that they are approved by the organizer.

Thanks

Jackie

As you have noticed, iTunes Family Sharing works best when there is one adult taking financial responsibility for one or more minors, and it is often a disappointment in other situations.

family sharing ask to buy notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.